How To Set Up Your Bail Bonds Twitter BIO
Hopefully you are using Twitter to spread the word about your bail bond business as it is one of the best ways to get your links and message across to those looking for bail. The problem I see lately is that some bondsmen aren’t taking advantage of the Twitter BIO section of their profile. Some barely enter information where others enter information arbitrary to what it is they do, bail.
Setting your profile does a number of great things for your social media endeavors and one of the more positive things is having your Twitter account show up in Google search.
Case in Point: We changed keywords around, removed some hashtags and added new ones to the TripleRBailBond Twitter BIO. Within a couple of days it jumped from position #24 to position #11 for the keyword terms: “Arkansas Bail Bonds”. A somewhat medium keyword set that they are already on page 1 for. But, nonetheless, when a search is done for that keyword by someone needing bail, it may give them a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the same bail company in a number of different spaces on Google.
So, what should you see when looking for your Twitter account in search as depicted in this screen capture below. This is today’s (8/13/2013) siting of the account:
How To Alter Your Twitter BIO
- Click the “gear” icon to the right of the search box (upper right).
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Profile”
- Be sure to set your “location”. If broad type in the state you are bonding in. If exact type in the City and State.
- Be sure to include your “Website” address. If you don’t have one, contact us, we will be more than happy to create one for you.
- Bio: In 150 characters or less, attempt to tell the world what you do and also add in your telephone # and another link. This is the information that will be seen in the page description of Google and other search engines.
- Be sure to connect your Facebook account (you should have one) to your Twitter account. This will save you from having to do double entry in both accounts.
- Scroll down and click “Save”
Keep your feed fresh and your BIO up to date.
When people are searching for bail, in my opinion, it’s easier to grab the lead direct from search rather than force them to go to your site or even into Twitter to get your information. So while other SEM’s are telling you to add something cute and clever to your Twitter BIO, like:
I’m a father of 12, a bail dude and I love toast. Please Follow Me, PLEASE!!!
The BIO above is way out of there and doesn’t follow the few simple rules of how to get someone to follow you or find you. The objective here is to use the correct verbiage, #hashtags and location when you are attempting to get your social accounts in line with your niche, bail bonds.
Be sure you are using your social sites wisely and not being so lazy as to have followers drop you like a rock. Some Twitter members are hardcore and love the service… keep that in mind when you tweet. Also keep that in mind when you send out old tweets you’ve already posted.
Be direct, be positive and include the hashtags that belong to your niche and your locale.
An Example of a really bad Twitter BIO:
Need help to get out of jail? Give XXXXXXXX a call for bail! We will get you out fast!!!!
As you can see, this twitter user will never get the traction they should get. Can you see what’s missing? If you’ve read the entire article or even glanced at the image above, you’ll know in seconds what’s missing.
But, just in case, here is what is missing from this bondsman’s bio:
- No mention of State or locality.
- No mention of website
- No phone number listed
- No #hashtags for the important keywords (#State, #Bail, ##etc.)
Spend a few moments today looking over your Twitter BIO and see if it matches up with what I’ve spieled here. If you need assistance give a call at 347.497.6776 and I’ll help you through it (as long as you are not a competitor of my client).